Thursday, February 4, 2021

Roseanne- Darlene's Poetic Cry For Help








Darlene (reciting her poem in from of the school auditorium's assembly audience):  "To Whom It Concerns" by Darlene Conner.  To whom it concerns, Darlene's work will be late, it fell on her pancakes and stuck to her plate.  To whom it concerns, my neighbor's dog ate my assignment, now I'm subjected to solitary confinement.  To whom it concerns, my mom is a nut, man she can really be a pain in the butt!  To whom it concerns, while my geeky sister spends her time sneaking alcohol and getting drunk, I spend my time in the backyard making slam dunks.  To whom it concerns, I wish my annoying brother DJ was never born, but I can't say that to my parents who would treat me with scorn.  To whom it concerns, my dad is a jerk, and he doesn't approve at all of my new illiterate boyfriend named Burke.  To whom it concerns, my grandma is such a nag, sometimes I really wish I could just get rid of that old hag.




To whom it concerns, my teacher made me write this, but I'm just a kid, so how could I fight this?  To whom it concerns, Darlene might be great with a ball, but every week she gets beaten up by the pretty cheerleaders when they're cruising the hall.  To whom it concerns, I just turned thirteen, too weak to be quarterback, too ugly to be queen.  To whom it concerns, I am not made of steel, when I get blind-sighted, my pain is quite real. To whom it concerns, my life really sucks but I don't expect any of you to give a flying fuck.  I don't want to squawk, but life at thirteen really burns, I just thought I'd mention it, to whom it concerns.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disney's Atlantis: The Lost Empire (2001) Photo Caption - A Really Hot Reading Lesson.

Milo's Reading Lesson With Kida Gets Spicy. Kida (talking to Milo) : "So, Sam I Am eats the green eggs and the ham?" Later......